Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Quietly freaking out inside

I am hoping my exterior is calm.  That I appear confident, but not cocky.  I wish I had taken that prep course.  I have an exam today, that is really of no consequence except that if I fail, my ego will take a bruising and my pocketbook with take a hit, since I will then have to pay for a prep course and the exam again. 

Why do we do this to ourselves?  Why do we not prepare as we know we should?  Why do we spend and not save, tan and not apply sunscreen, do nothing then run around cleaning in a panic?  Is it the rush, is it confidence that gets tossed aside in a moment of self-doubt? Does the risk come with a welcome reward? 

I am wondering all these things and yet, I am sure I will probably continue to do most of them - although I think I am learning...

No comments:

Post a Comment