Saturday, July 7, 2012

Speak to Me

I love books.  I love to read, I love how they smell.  I love the thought of all those words, with all that potential.  When I walk into a bookstore, I just smile. I feel my brain open up, my heart lifts and I am inspired. 

Every step of the process is a little piece of my past calling out to me.  My love of a good story, the marketing, advertising and graphic design process, the printing and manufacturing, the logistics of it all.  It all speaks to me.

Speak to me, this phrase has been resonating with me for the better part of a year.  Whenever something fits, or inspires and draws me to a new place, I always say it speaks to me.  Now I know what does speak to me, with the voice of all my years.  Books and bringing them to people who will love them.  It is a new adventure - and trust me, I am always full of big ideas!  How long it will last and what shape it will take, I do not know.  For now, I know that I will find a way to listen to this voice that speaks to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment